- Under the Supervision of the VP of D&G Procurement serve as Gemstones buyer for certain designated product categories.
- In coordination with the GEmstones QA department, analyze and assess loose gemstones and determine whether they meet internal quality standards. Meet with vendors and potential vendors to determine whether they are able to supply gemstones that meet internal quality and price parameters.
- GIA GG (required). AGS CG (recommended)
- Very strong analytical skills
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to make decisions to achieve desired results.
- Extensive Gemstone knowledge
- Intuitive sense for jewelry design and merchandising.
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Ability to access information using automated
- Ability to make oral and written presentations. Ability and confidence to present opinions and thoughts in a clear, unbiased manner.
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years progressively responsible experience in Gemstones
- In consultation with the Gemstones Merchandising Director and the VP of Diamond and Gemstones Procurement, identify vendors for recommended product.
- Assess vendor product and negotiate prices
- Coordinate work-flow with QA department in order meet in-stock requirements
- Utilize essential tools to analyze the business and maximize the profitability of each category or recommend new analytical reporting needed to accomplish goals.
- Analyze market conditions and forecast trends to recommend Product concepts and themes. Communicate information in a timely manner to the Merchandising Division and Product Design & Development.
- Monitor domestic and international trade magazines and trade shows
- Monitor the marketplace for competitive product information, especially pricing, recommend and institute changes accordingly.
- Collectively with the other Buyer Specialist and the VP, research and recommend new vendors.
- Meet with vendors to review new product. Negotiate with consideration to mutual profitability and growth development. Present ‘new product’ business plan proposal to Procurement VP and Merchandising team for consideration.
- In coordination with the Gemstones Inventory Planner, assist to monitor sales, profitability and inventory positions for gemstones. Maximize inventory turns while providing excellent in-stock service levels.
- Manage special order flow. Arrange for supply of product where appropriate to fulfill special orders.
- Accompany the other Buyer Specialist and or VP of Procurement on buying trips and to trade shows as appropriate
- Meet with vendors in our office
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Provide assistance to business unit as needed
- Participate in trade shows both in sales and product research
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed