- The Graphic Designer creates communication pieces, both in print and non-traditional mediums, which promote Stuller.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Arts or related field required
- At least one year of experience in graphic design work
- Knowledge of the creative process and conceptual thinking
- Knowledge and understanding of print production and electronic marketing
- Proficient use of graphic design software programs, specifically Adobe InDesign (Adobe Creative Suite); knowledge of Microsoft Office
- The ability to satisfactorily adhere to company attendance policies.
- Compliance with all occupational safety rules, regulations, training and records as required by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Louisiana Department of Labor and Stuller, Inc.
- Effectively communicate with various teams to ensure excellent products and services are delivered
- Attend Creative Brief meetings about the scope of the job (i.e. expectations, goals, ideas, budget, and deadlines)
- Coordinate with Production Director and Marketing Operations Manager about cost, delivery and expected outcome of projects
- Communicate with Marketing team members regarding deadlines, assistance needed/offered (i.e. locating files/images, fonts, etc.), hurdles, initial ideas, constructive feedback
- Understand the short term and long term goals of the project
- Develop creative concepts that will visually communicate Stuller's offerings
- Stay current on design trends, styles, techniques, processes, etc.
- Research Stuller products or services being promoted
- Explore multiple design solutions (sketch or computer aided) and present options for discussion
- Refine concept solutions based on feedback
- Learn to use LAGO, a module-based media management software, to produce marketing print materials
- Provide project specifications to Project Manager(s) for cost estimates
- Communicate delivery/distribution expectations to Project Manager(s) to ensure products are available for photography
- Discuss copy needs with Copywriter
- Set up proper files in appropriate program
- Design within brand standards
- Ensure that design reflects original concept
- Build complete files, including table of contents, index, final page count, etc., and if applicable, photos, product information and pricing
- Coordinate with Project Manager(s) to circulate proofs
- Obtain approvals from marketing management and business unit management
- Make revisions based on returned proofs
- Submit color proofs for final approval
- Preflight and package final file
- Transmit file to Production Manager for printing
- Attend webinars and collaborate with team regarding relevant information learned.
- Keep files on server organized
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed