- Defines and implements company production strategies. Develops and maintains systems to support production goals and schedules and distributes production tasks. Manages production planning activities to maximize the use of the organization's resources and meet established production specifications and schedules for multiple facilities. Maintains an information area providing data, reports, & databases throughout Supply Chain. The Director leads the Production and Process Management department responsible for the following functions within the cast manufacturing operation:
- Inventory, Labor and Production Planning and Execution
- Oracle system administration for the Work in Process Module
- Manufacturing Reporting
- Production Expeditors
- Initial Quality Assurance and Kitting
- Excellent organizational skills
- Business Degree or Degree in related field or equivalent work experience; manufacturing experience preferred.
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of the practical application of Lean Systems and Tools
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Written & verbal communication skills
- Flexible and able to deal with change and uncertainty
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments
- Computer proficiency related to Oracle or other ERP systems, Excel, Outlook, and SQL.
- Inventory management for a goal oriented in stock of key products while managing inventory levels.
- Establishing and maintaining production schedules for multiple facilities ensuring that the operation meets shipping dates according to sales forecasts and/or customer orders.
- Responsible for managing and providing technology services and support to the division. Works with internal customers to identify and define division needs, develop and document division requirements, research available solutions to meet business needs, and provide installation support and training for functional users as needed.
- Facilitate and support process improvement actions to increase utilization and efficiency.
- Manage and develop systems to support processes using LEAN Manufacturing methodologies.
- Establish and maintain the effective use of Lean Management System Zone Control (Daily accountability, Visual Controls/Leader Standard Work).
- Monitor and manage manufacturing projects for large accounts.
- Responsible for managing the Initial Quality Assurance and Kitting process to ensure product meets specifications and is received by the manufacturing area within the required time frames.
- Hires, supervises, trains, and evaluates performance of assigned personnel. Identifies and effectively resolves personnel issues.
- Mentor and coach 6-10 direct reports utilizing the performance management system.
- Development and maintenance of department budget, payroll, equipment, and supplies.
- Establishes, develops and maintains constructive, collaborative relationships within the department and across the corporate organization
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed